Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Me & My Big Mouth

I was just surprised by a birthday cake at work. I wasn't expecting anything because, a few months ago, we decided to have a store-bought cake once a month for all employees whose birthdays are in that month. I also wasn't expecting it because my birthday was two days ago, so yesterday would have been a more logical choice.

It is a pineapple upside down cake. I am now officially cursed by them for my birthday.

Several years ago, former Thing One made a pineapple upside down cake, and I complimented her on it. (But, really, is the best pineapple upside down cake all that different from the worst?) Every year after that, she would bake one for my birthday because she knew that I "like it so much".

For the cookout I hosted a couple weekends ago, one of the guests brought -- you guessed it -- a pineapple upside down cake. (I'm still picking at it.)

I don't recall if I told current Thing One that her predecessor would make one each year for my birthday -- and, if I did, I must not have mentioned that I don't think they're as special as former Thing One thought I did. Well, I guess I'll just grin and bear it. (There are no calories in free cake, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home