Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hellzapoppin

Finally, I got off work after just eight hours today!  (I stopped by the grocery store on my way home.)

I found out from the apartment manager that the phone company is responsible for the missing sidewalk.  However, she is unable to determine which department within said mega-corporation will take responsibility for the digging up, which hasn't been touched in I-don't-know-how-long.  (And that's an apt description, since my leaky brain won't let me remember which night -- or even which week -- I got home from work and discovered that the sidewalk was missing.)  Needless to say, she's not too pleased.

It also didn't help her mood that she has to help find temporary lodging for eight residents.  Also at some point during my marathon of work, an apartment caught fire at the farthest end of the farthest building from my apartment -- so I was in no danger.  It's a good thing I wasn't in danger, too, since I didn't hear the fire trucks at all.  (Combine my usual sleep deafness with the urge to spend as much of my diminished time in bed with as much sleep as I can, and it's no surprise I didn't hear them.)  The manager said they provide two nights at a hotel, and she was on the phone, trying to find other apartments owned by the same company, which had vacancies for the displaced residents to use temporarily.  (I hope the tenants have renter's insurance, as I do, because my policy covers "loss of use".)

I'll stop by the office again tomorrow, and see if she's less busy and able to fill in more of the blanks.

(The post title refers to this movie.)

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, August 29, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

Geez, now your building is catching on fire?! You really do never have a dull moment there, do you?

 
At 5:12 PM, August 29, 2013 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Which is why I read books: to escape.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home