Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Heck of a Week

This is the first chance I've had to let you know that I am employed again!  I had an interview last Thursday, at which time I scheduled a follow-up interview.  Then the company owner phoned me on Friday and asked if I could just start work on Monday!

It's a landscaping company in Santa Fe.  Right now, I'm drafting estimates and filling out purchase orders.  In the future, I hope to get back into landscape design, and they'll probably expect me to do sales calls.  I also get interrupted by the phone a lot, as the office manager is just as busy as I am.  I feel overwhelmed by what I don't know.  (I can muddle my way through the computer program I have no experience with, but I really can't plug information into it if the salesman doesn't include everything on the notes sheets he hands me.)  Right now, I feel like an office dogsbody, but I'm still optimistic enough to think the situation will improve.

Well, that and the fact I have a paying job once again.

I'm ticked right now, though, since I took off this afternoon to take my mom to a doctor's appt., and I didn't find out until I arrived home that the appt. had been cancelled!  I'd love to rip someone a new one for making me leave work and make my hour-long commute for no reason -- once I find out who's responsible for not telling me.

At least it gives me library time to get online and tell you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home