Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Bear Necessities?

Man, it gets tough to find a witty (or an anhydrous) title for a post when I'm not that keen on the topic. This one's about shopping, and what do I know about that? I'm a guy; all I do is go in, get what I need, and get out. How am I supposed to come up with a clever reference to that (well, without being obscene)? However, I will be referring to items frequently termed "staples" or "basics", so the title was the first thing that popped into my head. (When I pull a Disney reference, from a movie I've never seen, you know I'm stretching.)

Yesterday's mailbox stuffers included an ad for a "Back-to-School Savings Event!" from K-Mart. The front side included paper towels, bottled water, 2 liter soda, toilet paper, and bleach. The back side included girls' sets (whatever they are) and dresses, boys' shorts, pillows, composition notebooks, and a 32" LCD TV. I understand the clothing and the notebooks, but what child needs to take a television to school? In my day, it was pencils, notebooks, crayons, and maybe even white paste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home