Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, February 08, 2008

At least the kitchen floor got swept

I had been putting it off on account of laziness. Then I caught a cold and didn't feel like doing much of anything. This morning, I made the mistake of thinking, "Hey, I'm feeling a lot better today!"

Shortly after that was when I dropped the dish.

As the water for my oatmeal heated, I was putting away my dishes from last night, and I dropped the glass lid from one of my stovetop/microwave/freezer containers, and I can't tell if it hit my glass cutting board or just my granite countertop, but it shattered and sent pieces all over the counter and the floor. (Thankfully, I was already dressed and wearing my steel-toed work boots.)

I swept the floor and decided to leave the countertop until tonight, when I get.... No, it will be dark before I get home, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, when the sun will be up -- preferably before I need to use that cutting board to prepare brunch.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, February 08, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Bah! We humans need not the sun! I do lots of household chores in the middle of the night. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home