Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Slow Children

School crossing zones in my town drop the speed limit to 15 mph when the lights are blinking. From what I remember, it was all the crossing guard could do, when I was growing up, to enforce a 25 mph zone -- and that was back when children actually walked to school, rather than being ferried by their parents.

I can't quite figure out the times that schools are open, either. My gym owner's wife says that the elementary school where she teaches gets out at 3:15 p.m. Last week, though, on my way to my appointments, I drove through an elementary school zone with the lights flashing at 2:25 p.m.

What really ticks me off is the people who drive below the speed limit. These apparent freaks of nature ignore the 35 mph limit normally on that road, but they'll drive 10 mph in the school zone. Meanwhile, those of us actually driving 15 mph are passing them, and the crossing guard will either blow his little whistle or (gasp!) give us a dirty look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home