Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, February 25, 2008

Frosty the... Oops, he melted

I was in ABQ at the end of the week to attend the annual xeriscape conference. It snowed twice when I was there. Both times, there was snow at my mom's house but not at lower elevations in town. Both times, it melted before the sun went down.

The weather report at six o'clock this morning for Las Cruces said that it was 54 degrees with an expected high in the mid-70's.

It's no wonder weather forecasters are wrong so often.

5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, February 25, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Oh, man, I so want to be xeriscaped. (Erm, not me, of course. My lawn. I'd look funny with cacti growing out of me.)

Until that happens, though, I do appreciate the lawnmower. :)

 
At 6:42 AM, February 26, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

It so happens I was pondering Hearts & Flowers (a succulent) for that area between your driveway and your wall. The front will take some doing, though, as you appear infested with Bermudagrass. (Erm, not you, of course. Your lawn.)

 
At 9:50 PM, February 26, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Is that what that horrible creeping stuff is called? I hate that stuff! It tried to eat my house!

 
At 6:43 AM, February 27, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I've heard it called lots of things, but it is named Bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon).

 
At 7:02 AM, February 27, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Yeah, I've called it a few choice things, myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home