Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

N.I.M.B.Y.

"N.I.M.B.Y." stands for "Not In My Back Yard". It usually refers to something someone thinks is a good idea -- as long as it's not near them. One example is, "A nuclear plant is a great source of CO2-free energy, but I don't want it in my city." Another could be, "I'm all for integrating neighborhoods, but I don't want a black family to move in next door to me."

NMSU's press release yesterday provides well-deserved attention about the engineering college's efforts to improve the efficiency and actual use of solar panels. Aggie researchers will be part of a group to increase solar panels in 13 cities throughout the U.S. -- but not on the NMSU campus.

Wouldn't it make more sense to clean up your own house before telling someone else how dirty their floors are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home