Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The New Campus Physics Lab?

I'd heard that the physics building on campus is due for renovations, but I didn't think they'd relocate one of their labs to the men's restroom.

Yesterday afternoon, I saw that someone had dumped ice into the toilet. (This is odd because they usually dump it in the urinal.) I was curious to see how well it would flush, so I tried it. I was oddly disappointed. There was no clinking of ice on ceramic (at least not audible over the usual sound of rushing water), and the mechanism appeared to function normally. Possible experimental error can be attributed to the size of the cubes (about 1/2" on each edge) and how long they had been in the toilet (might be significantly melted).

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, June 13, 2008 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I"ve been dying to try that with dry ice ever since I read this...

 
At 1:27 PM, June 13, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

Does it really make a fog, like they claim on Scooby-Doo?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home