Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 14, 2008

TPO'd

How many of you work in a place that has those giant toilet paper rolls in the bathroom? I applaud that they need replacing far less often, allowing the custodian time to do something besides carry toilet paper throughout his/her shift, but I have concerns with them, too.

I presume that the same companies that make toilet paper for us to buy at the store are the same ones that make it in the mondo-mega-rolls. Why, then, do they not perforate the sheets as they do in the homeowner version? I have to yank the end of the roll against a serrate edge of the paper holder, and it never tears neatly. Half the time, the paper tears the wrong way, and I end up with two, foot-long strips of paper that are only an inch and a half wide. What good is that?

Alternatively, I yank the paper, and it doesn't tear at all. The roll just spins, sending paper rappelling to the floor -- and I certainly don't want something that's touched the floor of our restroom to then touch my nether regions. Do you?

Another possibility is that, no matter what you do, the paper just won't tear as it's intended, so you have to grab it in your hands and rip. I've done this, and I know that other people have, too, because then the available end of the roll is squeezed together. It makes me hope that the person before me had clean hands before going into the bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home