Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Curses, foiled again!

I went back to the grocery store last night. I wandered the entire store twice to find the leftover Valentine candy before I finally asked for help. (The same manager was on last night's closing shift as on Sunday's opening shift. What kind of insane schedule do they have him on?) The table was not at the doors, as they said. It was off to the side, tucked into a little alcove made by a special display of sale items, with an access point so narrow that a wheelchair couldn't fit into it. (Not that I use one, but it would be nice if they made it so all customers could get to their products.)

Moreover, one couldn't actually tell that it was a table of leftover Valentine candy because all one could see was two huge, stuffed bears (I didn't hold them up against me for comparison, but they must have been three feet tall) atop the table, obscuring everything under them (including the table).

Worst of all, all that was left was dozens of bags of those little, hard, sweet but flavorless candy hearts with messages on them. Oh, and three or four boxes of Pirates of the Caribbean classroom Valentines.

No chocolate, and candy not worth the 50%-off rocks they're chipped out of. At least I got the bananas I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home