Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, June 21, 2010

We prefer the term "investigative journalist".

I can't put Wally back in the pond yet because it's nearly covered in duckweed. We got a swimming pool skimmer and used it to sweep some duckweed off the water on Thursday and Friday. (I took the weekend off.) Minutes after I cleared a section, it was covered again. However, the layer of duckweed in that area is thinner, at least. I figure I should be done in a few centuries.

It seems to be a good workout for my shoulders and back, what with the sweeping motion and the lifting to empty the net onto the grass. It also is a little calming, just standing there, raking the muck from the pond. I can understand a little why some people enjoy fishing, although, if one is going to sit quietly for hours on end, I'd much rather do it in the shade, with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home