Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Do you do this, too?

It's not that my birthday is more important than any other day of the year, but every time I see mention of it, it jumps out at me.

I had to phone our solid waste contractor to complain that the dumpsters were supposed to be removed on Tuesday but they weren't. How was I so sure? Because when Miss Kitty told me the date she wanted them gone, I noted that it was on my birthday.

On the paper I post each week for us to mark down that we have taken our temperature every day, my birthday jumps out at me.

Heck, even in the "Dangerous Brains" episode of Pinky and the Brain, Brain mentions that the moon will be closest to the earth on June 8.

Then there was the time I took my English 101 final on December 7, 1989 but wrote December 7, 1941 on the paper -- and neither the professor nor I noticed until I received the graded exam back.

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, June 10, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

It's definitely not just you.

Well, OK, the Pearl Harbor thing might just be you.

 
At 5:44 PM, June 11, 2010 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Oh yeah? Then who's the one who knows I meant Pearl Harbor day? :)

 
At 5:52 PM, June 11, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

Yes, but there's a difference between recognizing it and coming up with it spontaneously. I'm just culturally literate. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home