Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 11, 2013

This is how it begins.

I have lots of excuses for my behavior.  Everything I did was justified.  Indeed, if it was wrong, why was I rewarded?  (Although since the reward will, in time, benefit those who rewarded me, that's probably not my strongest defense.)

I went to Oklahoma's largest used bookstore after work today.  Please keep in mind that three books were purchased for work, three will be given to my mother after I read them, and one is an offering for the Book Pope, so less than half are for me (and two of those are for my horticultural library, and one is a book I had read before but liked so much that I wanted to keep, so...  Actually, the other three aren't fluff, as they are needed to entertain and divert me during lunch breaks, so I guess every book I got has a purpose, no?)  Two of the books were on the 25-cent table outside, one was in the dollar section inside, and all other books were five bucks or less.  (Finding the secret room in the back was just dumb luck.)

Okay, now that I justified my purchases, I'll explain the reward.  The cashier told me that any purchase over $40 gets a 20% discount (so I ended up spending under $40).  See?  It can't be wrong if I saved money!  Then she said that, if I save three receipts that total more than $100, I get $15 off a future purchase.  (As if I need to be tempted.)

I hope I can hold off my next visit until after my first paycheck...

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, April 13, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

The Book Pope hereby absolves you! And is somewhat jealous of your excellent book deals. (And does not, by the way, require offerings, but, awww, thank you. :))

 
At 3:39 PM, April 13, 2013 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Rest assured that it won't be a burnt offering. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home