Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 08, 2013

If I had known it was Sting and the guys, I would've asked for their autographs.

Into every life, a little rain must fall.  Well, yes, all right, it did rain some more today, but I was trying to speak figuratively.  I meant to allude to things not always going easily for me -- or, since you know I hate change and have to adapt to a new city and new job, you kind of figured that things wouldn't be exactly swell.  Oddly enough, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with my new job or new city.

I figured I was adapting to the time change and resuming my early wake-up schedule rather well.  Last night, I went to bed at 8:30 p.m., woke up at 12:30 a.m. -- and was able to fall back asleep! -- and then was rudely (how else?) awakened by thumping in the room above at 2:11 a.m.  That thumping continued, in various intensities, frequencies, and volumes, for more than two hours.  I was able to doze on and off until my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m., and it wasn't until shortly thereafter, when I was shaving, that the thumping finally ended.

I stopped by the hotel office upon arriving "home" from work today and asked if the noise upstairs had anything to do with the three police cars I saw in the parking lot this morning.

Oh, didn't I mention them?  When I got up, I peeked through the blinds to see if it was raining, and I spotted three police cars (not pink) downstairs.  One exited the parking lot, one drove around the building, and one stayed put.  (The one that drove around the building might've parked again by the parking lot entrance, but I'm not positive, so that might've been a fourth car.)

The young lady at the hotel desk confirmed that the police indeed were the cause of disruption to my sleep.  It turned out that the residents of the room above mine were in possession of a car that wasn't theirs.

All right, I understand coming to get them at a time they're likely to be in residence and not quite alert, but did they have to stomp around on the floor for two hours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home