Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yipes, stripes!

I spent a few days this week at a mandatory though unnecessary company training.  It was located at a nice, brand-name hotel near Fort Worth, TX.  You'd think a brand of their stature would decorate more tastefully than this.

The nightly rate posted on the inside of the room door said $350.00.  Surely they aren't charging my company that, are they?  I mean, if that's the case, I can do without all this frippery.

Who needs more than one pillow, anyway?  (That's a queen size bed, in case you're wondering.)

About the only thing in the room worth an exorbitant nightly rate was this cute little touch provided by the housekeeper (a washcloth with a ballpoint pen above it, for scale).


When my checkout notice was slipped under my door, I noticed that the actual rate charged was $139.00 per night -- and don't call me Shirley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home