Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Third Time Wasn't Charming

You probably already decided it, but I now officially call it Techphobia Week.  We got a new copier/printer/fax machine in the office yesterday.  (Insert ominous chord here.)

Actually, we turned in our existing printer and fax machine (and then retrieved the fax machine, once we were told that the new device wasn't yet set up for faxing), and then we received the new device.  Next week is when the office staff will be trained on how to use them, after which, we presume, we will be given training.  In the meantime, we have to fumble with a control panel that looks like it belongs on a Space Shuttle.

Making it even more complicated, we now have to enter our employee ID number before we can copy or print anything.  Actually, that's not quite true.  I was able to enter my ID to print, but it didn't work to copy.  Why not?  Because The Powers That Be (the same ones who thought it would be amusing to give us the machine before providing any training) decided that they would add an extra digit onto my ID without telling me.  Our admin. assistant had to come to my rescue.

I had better post this entry before my computer joins the ranks of machines out to get me this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home