Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Vindicated!

The library sent me an e-mail, letting me know that one of my books was nearly due.  It was a kind thought, but I had already returned the book.

I went to the library and told one of the librarians that I had returned the book.  She led me to the shelf... and found it.  As we returned to the checkout desk, she explained that it might have been in a stack of books that was too big for the sensor to check all at once.  (Patrons are instructed to place just one book at a time on the sensor.  I guess the librarians have special privileges.)  When she set the book on the pad, though, it still didn't register.  Apparently, the problem was with the tag inside the book.  She scanned the barcode and then set about troubleshooting why the sensor didn't work, as I went on my merry way.

While I was glad that the book was there (especially since the librarian found it, so it's not as if I smuggled it in under my jacket and claimed it had been on the shelf), my feelings were dominated by a sense of smugness.  I was right.  I told you so.  And, I guess, a bit of relief, that I won't have to pay for a "missing" book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home