Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Four More Years!

I couldn't think of anything witty to say about this year's birthday.  Instead, I'll share that I've been asking my friends (of similar ages) if they want to do anything special when they turn 50 in a few years.

When I asked one friend to think of something special to mark the occasion next year, he pointed out that my math was wrong and he won't turn 50 for another two years.  (Oops, sorry!)  Another friend replied, "That's if I live to be 50."  (And he calls me a pessimist!)  The third friend and I haven't been inspired yet -- neither for an idea of something grand to do, nor for a noteworthy response.

Well, I did have the thought that I could do an around-the-continent journey by train.  I could probably work that out as far as cities and connections on Amtrak (and/or the Canadian passenger rail system), but I get little paid time off of work, so I'm not sure I could afford a sojourn like that.  (When is Publishers' Clearing House going to knock on my door, anyway?)

3 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, June 08, 2017 , Blogger Betty said...

Aargh, was that today? Why do I always always get confused as to which day in June your birthday actually is?

Anyway. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 2:02 PM, June 09, 2017 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Probably for the same reason I never remember if your birthday is in July or August. Wonder Twin powers, activate!

No, wait. That one's taken. How about "Superior Sibling Skills, start"?

 
At 3:53 PM, June 09, 2017 , Blogger Betty said...

July, but if you forget again between now and then, I pre-forgive you. :)

And that does at least have alliteration going for it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home