Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

My Name Is Cap'n, and I'm a Junk-food-aholic

My story starts, as so many often do, in childhood.  I discovered that I like snacks, but there was something about Pringles that made me crave more, more, more.  (This got me into trouble once.)

In adulthood (it took them a couple of decades to invent this variation), although I had known for years that I was fond of Cheetos (anybody besides me remember the bacon flavor from the early 1980's?), I discovered that, if I start on a bag of the jalapeno variety, I could easily eat the entire bagful.

To be fair, I'm not hooked on just junk food.  Costco sells an in-house chicken alfredo entrĂ©e that is nummy, and which I have not been able to resist a second helping.

My latest weakness is crunchy pretzel "pillows" stuffed with peanut butter.  I will eat them until my stomach tells my brain, "Shut your mouth, if you know what's good for you."

Out of all the foods in the world, why am I so attracted to just four?  I suppose I should be grateful that I'm not addicted to more!

On that note, I'll leave you with this performance of "Junk Food Junkie" by Larry Groce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home