Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, October 26, 2018

Across the Pond

I, and coworkers, have caught myself cursing in English every so often.  Apparently fairly often, I say, "Crikey!"  Just the other day, I caught myself cursing the "bl**dy" computer.  How long have I been doing this?

Then, this morning, the radio announcer read a news story about the current state Attorney General choosing not to appeal a decision in a case brought by Marcy Britton against former Attorney General Bruce King.  My brain interpreted what it heard as "Britain" and "King's office", and I immediately argued, "They don't have a King.  They have a Queen," before I realized I had misconstrued what I heard.

I might as well hop on a plane to London right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home