Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 06, 2018

Asserting my Independence?

It seems that I have a history of acting in ways that don't exactly fit with Independence Day.

The first was when I was a teenager, attending an academic camp.  In this program, we were in the classroom all day Monday through Friday, with weekends off.  The program lasted for three weeks.  As such, we lost track of time.  We knew when it was Saturday or Sunday, but other days and all dates were lost to us.  I didn't even realize it when I put on a British flag T-shirt, which I was so proud of acquiring in London, on July 4.

How did I acknowledge Independence Day this year?  I started by reading a Tintin (Belgian) book while eating breakfast.  I spent most of the day watching DVD's of Doctor Who (British).

You can take the boy out of Europe, but you can't take Europe out of the boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home