Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Please Hand Me My Cane

I am at the age where there's a disconnect between my mind and body.  My mind feels young.  My body doesn't.  Then again, my mind also thinks that something from 12 years ago is "recent", so maybe I shouldn't trust my mind, either.

Plus, I've never been good at estimating people's ages.  I thought I had it right, for once, today.  Guess I was wrong again.

I was at the warehouse club, picking up a flat of Dr. Pepper.  A kid was there, and the flat he held was falling apart, so I helped him keep the soda cans from crashing to the floor & spraying all over us.  I say "kid" because he had down on his upper lip.  He looked barely old enough to shave.

"Thanks.  My wife asked me to pick up her favorite beverage."

WIFE?

This "kid" looks barely old enough to shave, and he has a WIFE?

Okay, I'm going to go home and die now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home