Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Existential Road Signs

It was late when Boss and I got back from our business trip. In fact, the plane didn’t even land until two hours after the time I usually go to bed. (It was on time, by the way.) My friends from college will recall that I often would say the oddest things when they kept me up late. (I think they rather enjoyed it.) Having said that, you will understand that my brain was not functioning normally when this happened.

We were on the interstate, still in El Paso, when I saw a road sign that said, "Right two lanes must exist."

I read the sign out loud and asked Boss [cleaning up my language for public viewing], "What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does that mean?"

I then started a rant about poorly worded signs (along roads and elsewhere). I hadn’t gotten far when I saw the next road sign. "Right lane must exit."

Oh. Um. Er. Oops. I guess I misread the earlier sign. Hey, I’m not responsible for what I say after my bedtime, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home