Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 09, 2007

Do Your Share

My walking route takes me by the city's municipal courthouse. Even though it is dark when I pass by, I could see some large weeds and numerous small ones growing through the rock mulch. I wondered if anyone cared about the appearance enough to pull the weeds. It wouldn't take much effort. So little effort in fact, that if every court employee were to pull just one weed, the job would be done in five minutes. Couldn't everyone take just a few seconds on their way into the building to pull one weed?

I remember that it took my dad five minutes for a cigarette. Rather than have a bunch of employees standing around idle for five minutes, why not have them pull weeds while they're outside? It certainly seems appropriate for someone sucking carcinogens and particulates into his/her lungs to get just five minutes worth of exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home