Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 13, 2007

Potholes and Loopholes

They're tearing out an intersection on campus to replace the asphalt with concrete, which supposedly will wear better. Here's the notice.

In order to re-build the intersection of Stewart Street and Breland Drive, it is necessary to remove the old asphalt and base and replace it with new base and concrete. Access to Zuhl, Student Health and Corbett Center will be limited from Breland Drive. Two-way traffic on Stewart Street will be maintained during construction. The appropriate signs will be in place to direct drivers.

Yesterday was the first time I tried to use that intersection. First, I couldn't get onto Stewart Street because it was barricaded to eastbound traffic but open for westbound traffic. I followed the detour signs, which looped me around the pedestrian mall and brought me to the intersection in question. More than half the intersection was torn out, with one lane remaining. That lane was for westbound traffic only. Too bad I wanted to head east.

This didn't sound very conducive to the "two-way traffic" I remembered reading about, so I read the announcement again. Notice that it promises that two-way traffic will remain on Stewart Street -- just not in that intersection nor that block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home