Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, November 05, 2007

Busy Weekend

I actually got things done -- besides work -- this weekend.

To commemorate the start of Not Summer (and to use up some leftover roast beef in my freezer), I made some beef & barley soup. I now have some new leftover ingredients. The recipe calls for various vegetables. One carrot I can handle. Two onions I can handle. One stalk of celery... means that I have the rest of a bunch in my hydrovore.

I hit upon the idea of making some chicken salad to use up the celery. I grilled a chicken breast and cut it up. It filled a small bowl. I washed two stalks of celery and cut them up. They filled another small bowl. (At this point, I pondered that I should have reserved some of the onion for the soup to mix in my chicken salad.) I had to mix the chicken and celery with mayonnaise in a medium bowl. (Hmm, this will be rather chunky chicken salad.) Two stalks of celery... means that I have the rest of a bunch in my hydrovore.

Any suggestions what I can do with the rest of it?

I also drove down to the nursery halfway to El Paso and bought some annuals. I bought them out, more like it, as their Pansies had already been picked over (I left five), and their stock of Stock was depleted. I picked up two flats of each. Then the employee noticed there were three missing from my Stock, so I went back. Then I went back for three more that I noticed were missing. Then I had all too much fun watching the employee and the weekend manager try to figure out why the cash register had stopped working (yes, it was plugged in). Then the manager asked if I could use other flats, so they could save the two I had. She noticed one plant missing, so I went back. They transferred the plants to the new flats -- and noticed one pot with soil but no plant, so I went back. That's four trips back to the greenhouse for seven plants, and the kicker is that, as I was planting them at home later, I noticed another dud pot with soil but no plant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home