Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys 'R' Us kid.

I realized the other night that I may do what I want because I'm an adult. (Well, unhindered by spouse and/or children, I may do what I want.) If I want to stay up late, I may (although I rarely can). If I want to go to bed early, I may (or sometimes need to). If I want to go to bed early, nestle in with a good book, and read until the time I usually switch off the light, not only may I, but it's downright enjoyable.

Of course, that's all on my own time. At work is another matter. Please continue on to my next post.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, January 18, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

It took you this long to realize that? I think about that pretty much every single day! "Hey, I can have ice cream for breakfast if I want to! I'm an adult! Nobody's going to stop me!" It's, like, one of the top best things in life. :)

 
At 8:39 AM, January 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... [/whimper]
I am married with two kids... No rest for the weary.

I wake at five and make bacon for my still sleeping family. I make coffee I will never drink (I drink tea). When I come home after nine hours working (10.5-11 hours with commute) I get to make dinner and play with the kids. Once that is done, it is time to play with kids for a short while then get them ready for bed. Then off to bed. Then it is my turn to have a beer and watch a half hour of TV before I go to bed.... exhausted.

Lather rinse repeat.



But at least I have lots of toys!!!

:-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home