Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Phun wyth Wurdz (Part II)

The caption at the bottom of the news channel's screen yesterday read, "Injecting Fear into Debate". Naturally, I wondered "defeabater"?

I was interested enough to ponder this a while once I got home from the gym. I tried seeing if I could make sentences out of those words. Here's what I came up with.

beer fat ade
deaf at beer
read be fate
a fated beer
defeat bear
bare defeat
beer tea fed
tear beef ad
eat rad beef
deaf rebate
be ear fate
be rate fade

Then I started a solitary game of Boggle. Would you like to play? Under my rules, you may create words of any length (even one letter), and there is no time limit. Tenses of words are allowed, but you may not use proper names, abbreviations, or foreign words. Including the starter words "fear" and "debate", I managed to come up with exactly 100 words. How many can you get?

AABDEEEFRT

a
abaft
abate
abed
abrade
ad
ade
afar
aft
after
arab
are
arf
art
at
ate
bad
bade
bar
bard
bare
bared
barf
bat
bate
be
bead
bear
beard
beat
beater
bed
bee
beef
beer
beet
bereft
bet
brad
brat
bread
breed
dab
daft
dare
dart
deaf
dear
debate
deer
defeat
defer
deter
drab
draft
drat
ear
eared
eat
eft
era
ere
fad
fade
far
fare
fared
fart
fat
fate
fated
fear
feat
fed
fee
feed
feeder
feet
fete
free
freed
fret
rad
raft
rat
rate
read
rebate
red
reef
ret
tab
tad
tar
tare
tea
tear
trade
tread
tree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home