Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, January 25, 2008

Time after Time

When my alarm went off yesterday morning, I noticed that the time it showed was an hour fast -- but I hadn't overslept an hour, and all the other clocks in my condo were accurate. That implies that I somehow stopped the alarm, pushed a switch to allow me to change the time, pushed a button to change the hour, and pushed the switch back. (It's amazing what you can do without realizing it, isn't it?)

Then, yesterday evening, I turned on my VCR to watch the (syndicated) episode of Frasier I had taped the previous night, and I saw that the time was about six hours off. Now I'm starting to think that I should stop touching things with clocks in them.

Come to think of it, the clock on my computer here at work (which comes from a server) has been two minutes slow for a couple of weeks...

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, January 26, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Well, it's all just a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff, isn't it?

Have you checked to see if you're giving off any unusual radiation that might have an effect on the local space-time continuum? :)

 
At 7:43 AM, January 28, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I'll have to borrow one of your sonic screwdrivers to check that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home