Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Abandon hope, all who enter here.

They have repainted all the exterior doors in our shop, even the overhead doors we use to bring equipment in and out. Instead of turquoise, the university's new standard color is called "bronze". (To me, it looks almost exactly the same as the dark brown used by UPS.)

I'm against the change for two reasons (okay, if you count my inherent resistance to change, three reasons). 1) Why go away from the local color palette? (You can mine turquoise in New Mexico, but I don't think we have a bronze smelter in the state.) 2) Oh yeah, let's make these doors even hotter than they already are with the sunlight beating down on them.

And you bet your sweet bippy that I'm going to argue if they make us pay for this change ourselves, even though we didn't request it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home