Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Success in even the smallest matter"

I did it! At my official weigh-in Wednesday, I lost that pesky 3/4 of a pound (and that was after a cheeseburger on Tuesday and skipping my exercise bike)! It is now official; I have dropped to 200 lbs., and my next goal is 195 lbs.

How far will I go? Last night, during the first game in this year's World Series (which the Phillies won 3-2), the announcers mentioned that one player is 6'2" tall and weighs 180 lbs. He looked downright skinny, so I can't picture myself going that far (not to mention I'd have to eat almost nothing, and then I wouldn't be happy). Let me just keep going in increments and see how far I can go comfortably.

Incidentally, the title comes from the following quote of Marcus Aurelius. "Be satisfied with success in even the smallest matter, and think that even such a result is no trifle."

Mmm... trifle.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, October 23, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Congrats!

Sadly, my weight is still headed in the wrong direction lately. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home