Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 20, 2008

Here comes Santa Claus.

On Saturday, the walk to my preferred Mexican restaurant took me by the empty building two lots up the street. It was a house a long time ago, but most recently (over three years ago) the building housed a title company (my title company, which moved into their new office scant days before I closed on my condo, so instead of walking two driveways down the street to take possession of my new home, I had to drive halfway across town).

The house has been vacant since, with a for-rent sign out front and no sign of any contractor activity to repaint or repair. (They do, however, have someone mow the grass once or twice a year.) On Saturday, one of those plastic, light-up Santa Claus figures (you know, the type that's common in places where it actually snows in the winter) on the porch. Am I seeing things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home