Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A what-er shade of what?

Once again, Ob is focusing on the wrong part of his job. His latest (ahem) brilliant idea is to blazon the tractor trailer used to transport his collected paper and cardboard to El Paso with a slogan that encourages everyone to recycle. It is, "A greener shade of blue."

My initial reaction was, "Huh?" Then I remembered that he's a Baby Boomer, so he must be thinking of the 1967 song "A Whiter Shade of Pale". He probably smoked a bit too much back then, too. Why else would he think that a university whose official colors are crimson and white would be instantly thought of when you mention the color blue or green?

He also put this URL on the side; it links to a company which calls itself "Engineers and Consultants in Resource Management", not anything that actually has to do with Aggie Recycling.

As always, it's up to me to be the paragon of recycling on campus. Let's try this.
How much of your body could be recycled?

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, November 26, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Apparently I'm only 51% recyclable. Make a note of that for whoever is scraping me up from the sidewalk after my 100 foot fall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home