Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Uphill Both Ways

I think I've figured it out. You know, when the old man tells the spoiled child that, when he was his/her age, he had to walk uphill, both ways, in the snow, to get to school? He doesn't tell the child the whole truth. He never says that it's uphill the entire way. That's because it isn't.

I walk uphill both ways to and from work each day. In the morning, I walk uphill a couple of blocks, across a block, then downhill two blocks. I end up at a lower elevation than my apartment. In the afternoon, I walk up then over then up some more. I walk uphill both ways, too.

I just hope it snows as rarely here as they say it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home