Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.

Oops. Wrong song.

Last night, I was thinking of my favorite songs. I don't have just one and probably couldn't choose one above the others, even with a gun pointed at me. It should probably come as no surprise, then, that this one was stuck in my head when I woke.



Incidentally, I once learned lyrics to "Be Kind to Your Web-Footed Friends" in Latin. I'll transcribe it here using English punctuation, and my spelling might be a bit off, since my notes (if there are any left) and Latin book are back in Las Cruces and since I learned the song (Oy!) over two decades ago, but it's amazing what can stick in one's mind for so long.

Amicis paludis tuis
Telepeditis esto benignus,
Sit etiam mater anas,
Ubi semper est humiditas.
Putasne hoc finem ese.
Ita est!


I'll share more of my favorites with you over the next several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home