Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, January 31, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I took a shovel home from work because it was supposed to be warm this weekend, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to clear leaves, dirt, and dead weeds from along the curb on my block. (That's "kerb" for those of you who speak English.)

What I didn't expect was how unseasonably warm it would be. It nearly reached 70 degrees F, and it's already in the mid-50's this morning. (I dressed far too warmly and need to go home at some point and trade my winter jacket for my unlined raincoat.)

I did the shoveling. I also hung the curtains in my bedroom and living room (they look more like real rooms now) and did one load of laundry. (I got lazy yesterday afternoon and didn't do the second.)

I also (sigh) went shopping with Thing One. The goal was to see if Target or Kohl's would have towels in the colors I still want, and to let Thing One mosey around Earth Fare. (She likes some foods that regular groceries don't carry.) As you expect (glad to see your foreshadowing alarm is still functioning), I didn't get what I went for.

Neither Target nor Kohl's had towels in the colors I want. However, I did buy some napkins (black ones, which aren't shown on the link), placemats (all the store had left was two), a pair of chile rugs for the kitchen (which aren't shown on the website), and a pair of mission style rugs for the living room (which also aren't on the website). My major concern now is where to put the rugs. But what if we can get Froggy to put an electrical outlet in the living room closet? Then I could move the TV stand, stereo table, or computer desk into the closet and rearrange my furniture before deciding where the rug should go!

Okay, so my major concern isn't the only concern.

Sad to say, I'm in for more shopping this week. K-Mart's weekly ad shows two types of towels on sale, and the picture has one color that might be exactly what I'm looking for. Belk has Fiesta dinnerware at a good price (plus an additional fruit bowl for just $1.00 more!)

Then, because Thing One had a curious, roving eye while at Home Depot, I might go back and buy this rug for my bedroom. (Yeah, I still haven't bought my bed yet, but I'm buying everything else around it.) It's very similar (same manufacturer) to this one from Target -- but a lot less expensive.

Seriously, this apartment that I thought was cheap junk is turning out to be quite comfortable and liveable (and well-decorated, if I do say so myself). I might just have to throw a party when I'm done.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, February 01, 2011 , Blogger Geosomin said...

You have a shovel and you use it for things other than snow?

I am jealous. It's -41C this morning. Brrr....

 
At 5:01 AM, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Sorry. I should've been more specific. I meant this kind of shovel. http://877joebark.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/square_point_shovel.3213712_std.jpg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home