Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I'll take the "young" part...

On Friday, while we were on the North Shore (of the Tennessee River), Skippy took us to a frozen yogurt place. Just up the street is a recently completed condominium complex. "That would be a great place for you to live. You're a yuppie," Froggy said to me.

Keep in mind he's a complete redneck.

The word "yuppie" will always be equated in my mind with the generation who brought us the insipid, whiny TV show Thirtysomething. Hence, I refuse to accept the descriptor, even though Thing One said, "Well, you are a young professional."

Instead of saying, "I'm no yuppie," I think I'll call myself an "inoyuppie" -- an "I'm not old yet urban professional".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home