Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, December 30, 2011

I knew I should've gone to bed at seven.

It's not like I was exhausted or anything; I just felt tired at 7 p.m. yesterday.  I thought I could relax in bed for a while with a book (rather than playing computer games and reading while waiting for my next turn, which is what I had been doing).  I decided it was way too early and waited an hour before taking my book to bed.  Wouldn't you figure I slept like crap last night?  (Insert title here.)

I was dreaming about my bowling league.  Judging from the conversation, Ronald Reagan had just been reelected President.  I wondered if my college friend Helgi was around, and then I started doing the math.  Let's see... that was 1984, so he would've been twelve, so, no, he wouldn't be in this adult's bowling league.  For that matter, I would've been thirteen, so what was I doing there?  (Based on my limited exposure to Doctor Who, I figure that this type of confusion is standard for humans new to wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.)  One of the bowlers suggested we meet "at the bowling alley on Brainerd Road" next time.  Another one asked for directions.  As I pondered what to tell him, since the only alley on Brainerd Rd. I know about (in 2011) obviously couldn't exist yet (in 1984), someone else gave him directions, and said it was the one "near Watercress Road".  Oh, yeah, I know where that is.  I thought I might drive by to see what was there now (in 2011).  I got into my car and leaned forward to put my key in the ignition switch, but I couldn't because it was on the passenger side, and I had to wait for a fat woman to buckle her seatbelt first.  Then I realized that the woman's husband was in the driver's seat, and I was in the back seat.  Before I could get my key into the ignition, and before I could figure out if I was in my car or theirs (which I called a Volvo, but it might not have been), my alarm clock went off and woke me up.

Obviously, since this dream was about bowling and contained a tangential reference to Doctor Who, I blame Betty entirely for the dream.  There might even really be a Watercress Road for all I know.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, December 30, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Yes, all my fault. Fear my dream-manipulating powers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home