Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Let me eat cake.

At the end of every quarter, our bowling league secretary distributes money from the prize fund and brings an almond-flavored cake.  Last night, because I had a big dinner, I restricted myself to just one piece of cake, and I paced myself about eating it, through all three games.  At the end of the third game, I looked for my cake, but it was gone.  Someone had thrown it away!  Where's my cake?  I wasn't finished yet.  Dagnabbit, I want my cake!

This incident reminded me of a conference I attended during college.  Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting was the dessert served during the final, awards dinner.  I was nearly done.  All I had left to do was to scrape the remaining frosting from the plate.  I was holding my fork directly over the plate.  Out of nowhere, a waiter reached over my shoulder, grabbed my plate, and took off, walking briskly.  He moved so quickly, and I was so stunned, I didn't even call after him to complain.

I should've kept the fork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home