Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sorry, but this was the first fish song that came to mind.

Before the workday started, our client sent me a text message that there was a dead animal on one of the campus roads.  "Oh well," I thought, "it's probably a squirrel which was run over."  Duly, I sent my crew up there first thing, to remove the corpse.  Shortly after giving them their assignment, one of the security guards (not knowing that we had been informed already) called me on the two-way radio, to notify me that there was a dead fish on the road.

Yes, "WTF?" would be an appropriate response.

My crew determined that it was a Striped Bass, weighing approximately 13 pounds, and added that it was a shame to waste such a specimen because "them's good eatin'".

I've heard of salmon swimming upstream to spawn, but bass going uphill is a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home