Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

That's an Awful Lot of Soda

I overheard one teacher/coach say to another this morning that he was going to do seven minutes of burping.  At least, that's what I thought he said.  "Seven minutes of burpies?" the second coach asked.

I spelled it that way because I didn't think it would mimic the seed company (and who in their right mind could spend only seven minutes with that seed catalog?), but the common internet spelling is, indeed, with a double-e.

Back in my day, this exercise was called a "squat thrust", and it was one of the most evil activities ever inflicted on me by an elementary school gym teacher.  Why anyone would want to do this for seven minutes is beyond me, let alone how.  Even Wakko Warner needed a break, and his song was just two minutes long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home