Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, July 20, 2013

It was better than that "name all the things you have in common" exercise.

To start off the company training, the presenter asked us to write down "an amazing thing" about ourselves.  (She read a few each day.)

I thought it was amazing that I had collected so many owl figurines in the three years I lived in the Noog, but I didn't choose that because it would've been more amazing if I had known exactly how many I accumulated.  Instead, I went for what I thought was a dull thing:  the fact that I no longer watch TV.  (Although, now that I think of it, I could've mentioned my three library cards thing.)

My thing was the second one read, and everyone there truly thought I had accomplished the impossible.  One woman asked, "How can you not watch sports?"  (Ha!  That's another amazing aspect of my personality.)

It wasn't until two days later that a guy who had sat at my table the first day revealed that he had been on a TV show.  I pointed out it would've been hilarious if our amazing things had been read right after each other.  (I wonder if it bothered the guy that no one said, "Oh, I love that show!" or, "I thought you looked familiar.")

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, July 20, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

I've heard good things about that TV show, but it's about football, and I don't even watch dramas about sports, never mind actually watching sports. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home