Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bwoosh!

I think you'll agree with the apartment maintenance man and me that that's not a sound you'll want to hear your furnace make.  "I don't want any more fires here!" he added.  (Naturally, I agreed.)

It cooled down enough this weekend that my indoor temperature dropped below 68 degrees Fahrenheit, so I pushed my thermostat control to "heat".  Well, I felt blowing air periodically, but it was cold air.  The temperature dropped four more degrees.  So, I asked the apartment manager on Monday if I had to do anything special to get my furnace to work, and she told me that she'd have the maintenance guy light the pilot light.  (Um, yeah, that might make a difference.)

He told me, after I got home from work yesterday, about the "bwoosh" and said that he'd buy a new regulator valve and install it today.  Otherwise, I'll have to bring in a politician to spew some hot air in my apartment.  (Too bad they don't come with individual mute buttons.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home