Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 28, 2014

I Wasn't Born Yesterday

I tried a new (to me) barbecue place with a friend this evening.  It was okay, but the flavor didn't grab my taste buds.  The friend warned me that the sauce is sweet.  I agreed, but it went well with some of the meats.  (I had the sampler, and I brought leftovers home, so there still are three types to try.)  Some meat, however, should never be served with barbecue sauce:  ham, for example.  And people who put barbecue sauce on Polish sausage should be dragged out into the street and shot.  The one factor above all others that told me I won't bother returning there is this:  I never imagined that I could experience barbecued meat that was tender yet dry at the same time.

There was one amusing experience out of the whole visit.  The top of the receipt has "DOB" and a date printed above today's date, presumably to verify that any patrons who order alcohol have shown proof of legal age.  The funny thing is that, since all I drank was Dr. Pepper, my date of birth was shown as today.  (Do calories count on accidental birthdays?  Since this is a Friday, do I get free calories all weekend?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home