Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, July 10, 2014

If I'm Lucky, I'll Die before this Generation Rules the World

It poured rain today, so I sent most of the employees home.  Two temp's usually get a ride home from the father of one of them, and since he was working, they asked if I could take them home.  Well, not home but to a friend's house.

"It's near 21st and Memorial," the temp. told me.

As we approached the intersection, one temp. woke up the one who was supposed to be giving me directions, so he could tell me which way to turn.  "Oh, maybe it's 21st and Garnett."

Turn left and head east.  Two miles later, as we approached Garnett, he asked, "Is this 21st or 31st?"

Okay, turn right.  One mile later, "Look for a Shamrock on the left and turn left there."  I figured he meant a Diamond-Shamrock gas station.

"Dude, there's no Shamrock here," his buddy said.

"Oh, well we should turn right here."  Of course, he said this when I was in the left-hand lane at the red light.

I turned around at a fast food restaurant then made the turn onto 31st.

"Make a right into the neighborhood at the first street, where you see that car going in."

Wouldn't you know that the street was just past an O'Reilly Auto Parts store, which has a shamrock in its logo?

"Go straight."

This took us past one of the elementary schools where we mow the grass.  We then turned right, onto the street I usually use to get to the school.  We took a left onto the first block, where I dropped them off at the house with a white car in the driveway.

If he had told me to head to the school and turn just one block short of reaching it, we would've been there ten minutes earlier -- not to mention saving gasoline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home