Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, July 05, 2014

That's One Small Step for [a] Man, One Giant Leap West

I noticed that my company posted a grounds job in Lubbock, TX.  Of course, I wembled.  Do I apply or not?  Do I try something unknown or stay where I'm not satisfied?  Will the hiring manager be the same person as five years ago, when I was the candidate to beat?  (I was the candidate to beat, but the incumbent didn't retire as expected, so the job wasn't posted at that time.)  Do I really want to pack up and schlep all my stuff a third time in five years?

I submitted my application.  Now it's a waiting game.  Will I be interviewed?  Will I get a second interview?  Will I be offered the job?  Am I making a mistake?  What if Publishers Clearing House shows up at my Tulsa apartment the day after I move to Lubbock?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home