Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, June 08, 2015

Age Is a State of Mind

'Tis time for my obligatory birthday post.

This morning, I treated myself to a free "Grand Slam" breakfast at Denny's.  (If you're interested in a free breakfast on your birthday, go to their website and sign up for their "loyalty program".)  As I ate, I was reading the second book in a mystery series about a retiree (and her dachshund) who travels the country in an RV.

I was at a restaurant for breakfast and reading about a woman who travels.  It was so out of my routine that I found myself relaxing and nearly forgot that I wasn't traveling myself; I still had to get to work!

What does that say about my state of mind as I turn a year older?

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, June 09, 2015 , Blogger Betty said...

And I completely forgot! Happy birthday!

Reading a book over breakfast and feeling so relaxed you almost forget about work sounds like a pretty good birthday treat to me. (Yes, we're wild and crazy party animals, we are. :))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home