Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Recycling My Vote

For all you Americans out there who are disappointed in the presumed "major party" candidates in the Presidential election, I'd like to remind you that there are more than two choices.  The Libertarians and Greens usually have a candidate on the ballot.  Does the Communist party offer a candidate?  I think I remember seeing a Free Soil candidate once.

No, you will not be "throwing away" your vote.  You are voting against candidates who don't represent your views.  (Even if you don't agree with the "minor party" candidate you cast your ballot for, it's not likely the person will be elected, so it's not like you caused any true harm.)  You are exercising your Constitutional right.  At the very least, you're earning the bumper sticker, "Don't blame me.  I voted."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home