Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Another Day Older and Deeper in Debt

Yes, I definitely have passed the age of celebrating my birthday.  I now see it as another milepost of decline.

First off, I went to my optometrist earlier this year and told him that I think I need bifocals.  He said it happens to everyone about the age of 40.  It's nice to know I made it nearly five years beyond that.  Plus, it was a lot easier for me to tell him than it would've been for him to tell me.  He altered my contact lens prescription slightly and recommended a low power of reading glasses.

Second, just three days ago, I suffered from a toothache.  All sorts of things are running through my mind.  Thankfully, the pain went away, and I have a previously scheduled dental appointment (for a cleaning) this weekend.  I'll ask them to look at the tooth while I'm there and determine what sort of problem I have and what solutions there may be.

Do you see now why I don't feel happy about turning another year older?

What really doesn't bode well on one's birthday is waking up from a dream about one's impending demise and funeral plans.  Yeah, that was a great kickstart to my day.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, June 08, 2016 , Blogger Betty said...

Oh, dear. It's probably awful of me to laugh at the incredible unsubtlety of that dream, but I'm afraid I couldn't help myself.

Well, it could be worse, you know. At least your physical deterioration issues are ones there are technological fixes for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home